Thursday, January 28, 2016

Making meals.

How to Use Elements of Leftovers.


Last night for our dinner we had red beans and rice with buttermilk cornbread and broccoli.

From that, I fed six of us with an extra serving for my husband to take for lunch the next day.

The items left were 2 cups of red beans that I will use to make chili for tonight's dinner.

Also remaining were about 2 cups of cornbread (that I crumbled to fit in a Ziploc bag) I will make Cornbread Salad for lunch. By adding chopped bell pepper and diced tomato and mayonnaise to mix.

There was also a 2 cup portion of cooked rice that I used for todays lunch by making a "stir fry" and adding sautéed green peppers and 3-4 scrambled eggs and soy sauce. It made large portions that was filling, had a starch and protein along with the peppers for a veggie.

All of that from the first meal. I call it a creative use of leftovers. I love trying to exercise my skills in
leftover creativity.  Happy Efficient Living!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment